Canon U.S.A. introduced the multifunction Color imageRUNNER C1022 series on Wednesday.  The imageRUNNER C1022 series has print, scan, copy and fax capabilities and uses the Canon imageCHIP Lite system.

The series also features print speeds up to 22 pages per minute, scan speeds up to 20 impressions per minute and prints 20 JPEG index prints per letter-sized page.  The consumer can plug Compact Flash, SD cards and USB Memory Media devices directly into the outside of the imageRUNNER c1022 and edit media with the 3.5-inch TFT LCD control panel and tactile scroll wheel.

There are two configurations at the time of release: the “i” model and the “base” model.

The i model features standard “out-of-the-box business productivity, including PCL5c/6 support and advanced sending capabilities."  The base model is more configurable with a number of sending and printing options according to Canon.

The Color imageRUNNER C1022 series is available immediately through authorized retailers. The i model will be available for $3,995 and the base model will be available $3,495.